16-18 November 2017
We are looking forward to returning to Liverpool for the 2017 Annual College of Podiatry Conference for the largest podiatry event in Europe!
This years conference theme is “keep moving”, designed to offer members ways in which to keep your patients mobile, keep yourself up to date, and how to move the profession forward. As part of this initiative, the College of Podiatry’s five-year strategic plan is being launched in Liverpool, giving insight into the Colleges’ vision for our future as we move forward together.
We will be welcoming an impressive line up of internationally renowned keynote speakers from practice, business and academia and are delighted that our opening keynote speaker will be the celebrated author, BBC broadcaster and anthropologist Professor Alice Roberts.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Conference Chair 2017
Visit our conference organisers Profile Productions website to book your Conference 2017 tickets.
Book Tickets Here
Programme & Speakers
The College are delighted that the following keynote speakers will be presenting in Liverpool:
- Professor Alice Roberts, Anatomist, Anthropologist and Professor of Public Engagement in Science, University of Birmingham
Alice Roberts is an anatomist and biological anthropologist, author and broadcaster, and Professor of Public Engagement in Science at the University of Birmingham. She’s been a familiar face on British television since 2001, when she first appeared on Time Team, and is now a celebrated presenter of several landmark series including The Incredible Human Journey, Origins of Us and Ice Age Giants.
- Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor, President and Chief Executive Officer, University of West of England
- Professor Chris Nester, Foot and Ankle Research Centre Lead, University of Salford .
- Dr Tim Kilmartin, Consultant Podiatric Surgeon, Ilkeston Hospital, Derbyshire and Hillsborough Private Clinic, Northern Ireland
- Professor Chris Griffiths, Foundation Chair in Dermatology, University of Manchester
- Professor Susan Nancarrow, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Professor Anne-Marie Keenan, Chair of Applied Health Research, School of Healthcare, Assistant Director and Training Lead, NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Unit and University of Leeds
- Professor Ian Philp, Chief Medical Officer, EASYCare Academy and Professor of Healthcare for Older People, University of Warwick
- Dr David Voegeli, Associate Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton
- Dr Rainer Wolber, Head of Innovation and Compliance, Beiersdorf Health Care, Germany
- Dr Adam Bird, Associate Head, School of Allied Health, La Trobe University, Australia
Download the full 2017 Delegates Brochure for more details.
The College of Podiatry Annual Conference features the largest podiatry trade exhibition in Europe with over 80 podiatry suppliers and manufacturers under one roof. Its continuing success is evident in the number of new and long-standing suppliers we welcome to the conference each year, making the exhibition a one-stop-shop for podiatrists needs. If you are interested in exhibiting at the event please download the exhibition and sponsorship guide or contact Profile Productions Ltd on 020 3725 5840.
The ACC Liverpool is a uniquely flexible venue. It houses the award-winning BT Convention Centre with facilities including a 1,350 seat auditorium, 18 breakout rooms and 7000m2 of exhibition space – plus the 11,000 capacity Echo Arena. The venue sits at the heart of the city on Kings Waterfront, alongside the Grade I listed Albert Dock and adjacent to the World Heritage site at Pier Head. ACC Liverpool is also one of the most sustainable venues in Europe. For further information please visit www.accliverpool.com.
Liverpool offers a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets and requirements with two hotels onsite and over 2,000 bedrooms within 15 minutes walk. Hotel reservations are being handled through our specialist accommodation agency, Reservation Highway who has negotiated special rates for the duration of the event. Book online at www.reservation-highway.co.uk/foot17 or call +44 (0)1423 525599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org