Becoming a member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists/College of Podiatry is a very astute move. The Society represents the professional body and trade union and the College the educational arm. There are many reasons to join, but in essence we represent the best value and offer the most comprehensive range of services of any podiatry organisation in the UK.
We can help not only with your day-to-day business but also at those times when you might need urgent advice.
Membership means you have advice and guidance from the leaders of the profession. In short, whatever you need, we have the means to provide it.
Lending you a helping hand at work
Read more on Membership Benefits
We are the only specialised TUC affiliated union representing chiropodists and podiatrists in the UK.
We provide expert support and representation for you at work:
- Market leading insurance cover: including public liability and medical malpractice insurance and product liability insurance cover. A full summary of cover available is on request.
- Employment support - immediate access to professional advice and assistance in industrial relations and professional matters; plus formal representation at HCPC and local and disciplinary hearings
- Advice on starting up and managing a private practice and details of the Society’s practice accreditation scheme. Plus networking opportunities both locally and nationally
- Legal advice and support - representation at local as well as national level, plus a legal helpline
- Trade union support – national network of accredited union representatives to help you with trade union matters at a local level
- Access to members website
- Clinical guidelines and other documentation e.g. waste disposal guidelines, minimum standards guidelines
- Health and Safety support including advice on decontamination of instruments, infection control and risk assessment
- Variety of subscription payment renewal options including annual one-off payments by cheque, credit card (Access/Visa) or direct debit (with a discount for full payment by direct debit); quarterly or monthly direct debit installments